Closing date: 18 March 2011
Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year is one of the most prestigious competitions of its kind, attracting entries from professional and amateur photographers of all ages worldwide. By encouraging innovation whilst maintaining excellence in nature photography, the competition seeks to promote the discovery, understanding and enjoyment of the natural world.
* photographers garner international recognition through extensive print and online publicity campaign
* amateurs and professionals alike compete for the chance to share the £24,500 prize pot and scoop the £10,000 top prize
* successful photographers are invited to the gala awards ceremony at London’s Natural History Museum and an exclusive private view of the winning images
* winning images are showcased in an acclaimed exhibition that tours both nationally and internationally and is seen by more than 2.5 million people worldwide
* winning images are published in both a commemorative hardback book translated into multiple languages as well as in a special feature of BBC Wildlife Magazine
How and what to enter
* enter online – visit our website for complete competition rules, new digital guidelines and categories
* entry fee for the Adult Competition: £20
* entry to the Young Competition is free
* entries must be digital files. Scans of transparencies and negatives are also accepted.
* RAW files, original transparencies or negatives must be supplied if an image reaches the final round of judging (young entrants can submit original JPEGs)
* translations of the rules are available online in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish
* closing date: Friday 18 March 2011